Born in Versailles, France, Sebastien “Mr. D” Boileau was influenced by the American Pop Art and Graffiti movement of the 60s, 70s, and 80s and began his artistic endeavors in Paris in 1987 at the age of 14.
In 1989, Mr. D created his first piece of canvas art, as well as his first large scale mural.
In the early-90s he began to travel the world painting in remote countries like Sierra Leone, Tunisia, Senegal, and many western destinations.
In 1995, Mr. D was invited to participate in his first contemporary art group show in Paris.
He migrated to the United States in 1998 and in 2000 launched what is now a highly successful mural company in Houston, Texas, Eyeful Art Murals and Designs, serving both the public and private sectors.
Mr. D’s signature style is known as “Canpressionism“ a neo-impressionist style primarily done with spray paint and street art techniques.
“After 28 years as an artist, the stigma remains, and I want to change people’s perception in regards to Urban Art. My artistic and personal goal is to use my skills, experience, and credibility to demonstrate an “Urban Art as Fine Art” approach through ‘Canpressionism’.”
Mr. D’s recent accomplishments include:
• Produced the award-winning “Preservons la Creation”, the biggest mural in the history of Houston at 9,750 SF, in May 2014
• Chosen by Red Bull to exhibit at Scope Miami Art Fair in 2014
• “AmeriCANS” solo show in Wynwood Art District during Art Basel 2014
• Selected as a Liquitex paint brand ambassador and sponsored artist
• Installation for the longest-running exhibition at The Station Museum of Contemporary Art in Houston, Texas
• Commissioned by the Consulate General of France for French-American Success Stories video
• Artwork commissioned by Texan-French Alliance for the Arts for the Aga Kahn Foundation and the “Open the Door” project; displayed at the Dallas Contemporary Art Museum
• Painted mural for Lelia Mordoch Gallery for Art Basel 2013; solo show in March – April 2015
• Live painting for “Nuit Blanche” event in Paris and mural production supported by the city of Anglet, in the southwest of France in October 2014
All images are 20 yrs old or more / Property of Mr D 1987